It is the most dreary day in Nashville today. This kind of weather always makes me SO sad. So, in attempts to cheer myself up and share a little sunshine (and yumminess) with you all today, here is my absolute favorite breakfast to make. Avocado toast. *insert a choir of angels singing.*
This is such a great little dish to make on those days where you’re just struggling to get out the door at a decent time and need to whip up something quick, that will last you more than just the car ride to work.
I am a self-proclaimed and proud avocado connoisseur and honestly have been experimenting with this recipe probably twice a week since I figured out that avocados taste great on literally everything, especially toast!
If any of you have any other suggestions for me to try out, or have found some crazy toppings for your avo toast, let me know!! I will happily try whatever you all throw my way.
- 1 piece Food For Life’s Sprouted Ezekiel 4:9 Bread
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 medium Avocado, halved
- 1-2 TBSP of Salsa (I use the “Trader Joe’s Chunky Salsa” brand)
- Begin by toasting your bread to desired crunchiness
- Heat up a small frying pan on medium-low heat. Once hot, add your olive oil (it’s normal for it to crackle a little bit–just means it’s hot enough!)
- While you’re waiting for the oil to heat up, crack the egg into a bowl and mix with a fork. (For my non-lactose intolerant friends, feel free to add a little milk here to make some deliciously extra creamy eggs)
- Pour your egg into the warm frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until a little browned (or however you prefer your scrambled eggs) Remove from heat.
- Take your toast and spread 1/4-1/2 of the halved avocado onto it. Next take your eggs and put them atop the avocado toast and finally dollop with a little salsa for an extra delicious kick.
- Now sit down, relax and enjoy!