I hope you had the absolute best week! If you happened to have a not-so-great week, like myself, we can just praise the good Lord above for the beautiful weekend ahead of us and a little time off from the craziness of life.
So as you all know, we are 14 days into 2017. 2017?! Honestly, when did that happen? It feels like yesterday we were donning denim on denim with frosted tips in our hair and kicking around a hacky sack; living our best lives, if you ask me. But as I sit here and I wait for the resurgence of the fanny pack and Crocs, I must say, 2017, all 14 days of it thus far, has treated me pretty well. I already feel like I’ve learned a lot, failed a lot, but have never lost hope for the good things to come in the new year.
Every year, at the end of the year, like many people, I become an incredibly retrospective human, criticizing and praising all of the things I did and accomplished in the past year. That process always leads to a long list of things I wish to try to improve on the following year, along with things to experience, do, and accomplish. This year, I am a little late on collecting my thoughts on all of those things but for any of you who also work 2 jobs, I’m sure you can understand the struggle. So if any of you wish to know mine, or need some ideas for your own new year resolutions, I finally had some time today to put together this list of some of the things I wish to accomplish in this already lovely new year:
- Be more intentional. With God, with others and with myself.*
- Explore. A lot.
- Learn to do lettering/calligraphy.
- Exercise. Definitely not to lose weight, but for the LOVE of my body.
- Don’t be afraid to let yourself be loved, by God and by others. Be vulnerable!
- Figure out my plans for the next few years. Get a new job? Go back to school? Move out? Get married? AH. (But also trying not to stress TOO much about these things!)
- Take my parents on a lunch date.
- Write a freaking book with my dad!!
- Begin writing my cookbook.
- Volunteer. Somewhere, anywhere, once a month for the whole year.
- Take a day off, just to have a day off.
- Stop online shopping so much….oops.
- Throw a party. Like, actually plan and execute the whole thing.
- Turn 23! (Cue the Blink 182)**
What are your resolutions for this year? I would love to hear some of your ideas! And if you aren’t sure or haven’t really thought about it, I hope this article gave you some new ideas for various things you might be interested in learning and experiencing in the new year!
*Intentionality is my main mantra for 2017 and I am so excited to see how I grow as I learn to do this better!
**Also if there are any of you out there that would like to be the one (or five) to hold me accountable for all these resolutions, please let me know! I’d love to partner with one, or a few of you, to make this new year our best, healthiest, and happiest one yet!