As you know Valentine’s Day is just a few weeks away and with that comes a lot of various responses regarding this lovely (or not so lovely) day. I, unlike most it seems, really enjoy this holiday (which is why I’m writing this post in January) and am excited to share this list with you all! If you or anyone you know is looking for a fun way to spend this Valentine’s Day, check out this list of fun, festive activities that you can do, no matter whether you’re single, spending the day with your gal pals, or wanting a romantic evening with your significant other.
For those of you strong, independent women who don’t need (nor want) no man:
- Buy yourself some dang roses and chocolates. No one knows what you like better than you!
- Spend the evening snuggled up on your couch, watching your favorite movie or reading your favorite book in front of the fire and a cup of hot chocolate. Obviously with a generous helping of whipped cream!
- Spend the evening pampering yourself. A nice relaxing bath, candles, wine…the works!
- Take a class to learn something you’ve always wanted to do. Learn to paint or draw or cook, just find something that you’re excited to learn–and do it!
- Bake a batch of cookies and spend the evening munching on all that chocolate goodness. OR just make the cookie dough and eat that by the spoonful because we all know that’s the best way to eat a cookie anyway.
For those of you who are looking for a fun night with friends:
- Buy a few dozen roses (or any other type of flower). Go to the local nursing home and hand out flowers to all of the residents.
- Host your own Galentine’s Day party! Make some heart shaped food, invite over your best girl friends and spend the night enjoying a bunch of laughs and one another’s company.
- Go dancing! Honestly, nothing is better than a night spent flailing around like a crazy person to bad 90’s music with your best pals.
- Take your mom, or grandmother, or sister on a date. Who says you need a boy to have a fun date night? Trust me, this is a blast to do and you both will have a fun story to share when everyone asks you about your special V-day plans.
- Grab your friends, buy some heart shaped balloons (found at your local party store) and walk around the downtown of your city handing them out to random strangers throughout the day.
For those of you who have a significant other and are looking for a fun date night:
- Babysit for a friend who has kids, or offer to babysit a younger brother or sister, so your friends/parents can have a date night. Plus, you and your boo thang get to spend the evening hanging with little cuties! How fun is that?!
- Surprise your significant other with an indoor picnic. It’s cold outside, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring the fun of a picnic indoors! Get a blanket, make up some goodies and spend your evening eating, drinking and obviously building a blanket fort to snuggle and watch movies in.
- Spend your evening together volunteering at a local soup kitchen or homeless shelter. You really can never have a bad night when you’re serving others, plus if you’re anything like me, that’ll just make you adore your sweetie even more. *Swoon*
- Go on a “progressive date.” Now, I know I’m not the one who coined this idea but I LOVE IT. Basically, you eat every stage of your meal at a different location (i.e. grab your appetizer from a fancy restaurant in town, then go to have your main course at a different restaurant…perhaps Mexican because YUM, and finish off with dessert from your favorite local ice cream shop!) Sure, it’s a little disjointed but that’s what makes this kind of date so fun!
So there you go! Hopefully now you feel inspired to make this Valentine’s Day the best one yet; whether you spend it pampering yourself or spend the day showering love on your best girl friends, those in need, or your significant other, it’s sure to be a good one!
Cover Photo: Roolee Boutique