I hope you are having an awesome kickoff to summer so far! I know in most areas of the country, with the return of the warmer weather, there is also the return of swimsuit season…and sadly, for many of us, that is not particularly something to be happy or excited about. Heck, I am normally a size 0 and I hate bathing suit shopping…but I do think it teaches you a lot about bravery and being confident in what God has gifted you with. And as a former anorexia patient, that is huge. I decided, keeping that in mind, to put together a list of fun suits that hopefully you will love (even if you love only one of them, I’ll feel accomplished!). So whether you’re a classic, one-piece kinda gal or not, and regardless of your color and pattern preferences, here are a few of the best bathing suits out there (in my opinion):
- TAVIK Chloe Moderate Bikini. I really love the price point on this one and little cutout design and color (!) make this a little more interesting, to me, than just a normal bikini.
- Beach Riot Rose Solid Bikini. I love that this suit is offered in so many different colors…all of which are STUNNING if you ask me. This beige one is my favorite of the bunch!
- Maaji Sofia Printed Bikini. If you can’t tell already, you definitely will be able to by the end of this, I am pretty boring with my pattern/color choices (aka mainly solids/neutrals) but I actually really love this suit and would totally wear it because how fun is this design and pattern?! I am all about it.
- Banded Scallop One-Piece. I am obsessed with this cut and pattern….Anthropologie knocked it out of the park with this suit.
- Capistrano Citrus Tank One-Piece. The fact that this suit is adorned with little tangerines/oranges just makes everything inside of me so happy. SO GOOD, Kate Spade, so good.
- Out From Under Kelly Stripe Snap Up One-Piece. I am IN LOVE with this suit. And compared to the other prices of one pieces…this one is looking extra enticing. I love that you can snap up (or down) with this suit, allowing you to wear it differently every time you have it on!
- TAVIK Monahan One-Piece Suit. UGH I am just counting the moments until this suit goes on sale…I am seriously IN LOVE with everything about it…except that price!
- Poppy Blue 2 Piece. I have had my eyes on this suit for MONTHS. It honestly reminds me of Rifle Paper Co. but on a bathing suit (if you don’t know them…do yourself a favor and look them up) !! That just really makes me happy.
- Aerie Scoop Ruffle Bikini. This color is killing me. LOVE. And the wrap-design on the top. Yep. I need to add this one to my bikini collection.
- Out From Under Posey Bikini . Now, I’m not really a pink/ruffle type of person but I actually really love this suit. I think the ruffles and the color add a lot to the look of it and could (shockingly!) see myself wearing it this summer.
- Aerie Piping Cut-Out One-Piece. How cute is this cut out design??? I am in love.
- ViX Striped One-Piece. Again, Anthro is soo good right now with their swimming suits. A black and white stripe is SO classic and I love the uniqueness of the low back and subtle cut out on this one!
- Aerie Cutout Ring One-Piece. I love this color and how fun is this cut?! And the price, comparatively is not a bad selling point, either!
I know there are articles out there everywhere that talk about wearing suits that are ‘best for your body type,’ and while I think that is a good thing to know, don’t limit yourself! If you find one that isn’t technically in that category but you love it and you feel good in it, then by all means, wear the HECK out of it! The truth of the matter is, as long as you are comfortable in what you have on (whether a parka or a bikini) it doesn’t matter one bit what anyone else thinks about it. The important thing is that you are happy and excited about your choices, no matter what they are!
And since we’re on the topic of confidence and living out our full potential in Christ, why don’t we just do all the scary things?? That’s fun, isn’t it??? Haha. This is me modeling this Urban Outfitters swimming suit that I just LOVE. My boyfriend says it looks like I’m wearing a diaper lol but sometimes you’ve just gotta say, screw it! And wear what you want to, as long as it is within reason and makes you feel confident in your own skin 🙂
One thought on “Best Bathing Suits For This Summer Season”