So yesterday I celebrated something pretty neat and I thought it might be fun to write a little bit about it. Yesterday, my boy and I celebrated 2 years of dating! Now, I know I don’t really include him on this platform and haven’t talk about him all that much….which is why I thought it’d be fun to write this up so you guys can learn a little bit more about him (and why I love him so much!)
To celebrate yesterday, seeing as he and I are very quality-time driven individuals we intentionally spent the day just being together, no distractions; that is the way we both feel most loved so we both walked away from it just feeling all loved up and thankful.
We drove into Texas all day on Thursday, so we spent our 2 year celebration hanging with his family and doing a little exploring around Dallas, it was great! A little adventure and a lot of quality time…aka the best combo!
Per the suggestion of my sister, and the a-okay from Curtis, I thought it might be fun to use this post as a space to mention a few of my favorite things about him to celebrate year #2 of doing life together. So here’s a quick little list of some of the best things about my boy 🙂 :
- He reminds me daily that my relationship with Jesus is THE absolute most important thing. He always encourages me to pray before becoming anxious (or after cuz wow anxiety is so real), sad, or if I’m wanting to complain about something. I don’t always feel like doing it but I really appreciate this about him.
- He is honestly the most encouraging human…which says something because my spiritual gift is encouragement, so I definitely look out for it. I read Amber’s Father’s Day post over on Barefoot Blonde, the other day about her husband and I absolutely LOVE what she said about David giving her wings to fly because I truly feel this way about Curtis as well. My own personal cheerleader…in literally everything!
- He gives the worlds best bear hugs! It’s one of the few moments in my life that I actually really love how small I feel.
- He gets really excited about the smallest things. Namely, at the moment, coffee, plants and space. It’s so cute to get to watch him geek out a little bit every time he finds something new and exciting that he just HAS to share with me 🙂
- He makes me laugh more than just about anyone I know. I cannot even tell you the number of times I have laugh-cried at something he has said or done over the past 2 years.
- He gets my weird. (And really, what more do you need??)
- He grew up in a home and in an environment where the people just loved so well. It’s a love that is so selfless and kind and it honestly is one of the sweetest things to get to be a part of whenever I am around any of them.
- He’d rather sit with me on the couch as I slowly die from food poisoning, period cramps or a headache (I have so many health issues) than be anywhere else. And he reminds me that there really is nowhere else he’d rather be, even when I’m a mess and sorta mean cuz I feel like crap (aka most of the time).
- He is selfless and giving and kind and intentional and unassuming and supportive and loving and sweet and gregarious and encouraging and cute and loyal and big-hearted and authentic and affirming and seriously any other happy word you could come up with. Honestly just the best pal.
Okay, I’ll stop now before I start attempting to write poetry….although, I maybe already have…what?! Haha. But seriously, y’all, he’s the bomb and I couldn’t be luckier to have been stuck with him over the past 2 years of my life. And hopefully for many, many more to come!
Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday and hug your loved ones close because at the end of the day, investing in people is more important than any other thing we could be doing on this earth. So go and love people, why don’t ya?!