I’m not entirely sure how we made it here…but we’re (basically) done with another month…which is just the craziest thing to me.
How is summer already over??!!
Don’t get me wrong, I love fall time! It’s my favorite season of the whole year, I think. But as I sit here and reflect a bit, I really feel like I missed my summer this year. Perhaps it’s now because I’m a grown-up (BOO) and have to work all day every day but I seriously feel like it was just springtime last week.
But I suppose that’s okay, knowing me I’ll be sipping my chai tea latte in my oversized flannel next weekend…so I’m obviously not that upset about it.
BUT! Before we jump headfirst into September and all the fall things to come, we need to first go through the month’s end right of passage: my August/end of summer favorites, of course!
So here goes…..
- Mission Lazarus. Every single thing that this company stands for, I am all about it, ethically made and sourced products, a fair-trade environment, and well payed employees. I purchased this little card holder for my boyfriend, after he lost his wallet to a playful dog and he loves it! Highly recommend checking out what they have to offer & support their unique approach to business!
- My Backyard Picnic Party that I got to throw this month! I wrote up a post about it already, that you’re more than welcome to read….but I seriously had so much fun with this whole process; the planning, the execution, everything. SO MUCH FUN! If you’re looking for a fun end of the summer bash to throw, try this one out, you won’t regret it, I promise!
- Go Rings Necklace. I have yet to buy this….but I am in love with it and have been eyeing it all month…so I’m sure you’ll see this again, on one of these lists, once I actually buy it. But also y’all know how much I love this brand, so I don’t think they can do wrong, anyway, so I’m sure it’s just as perfect as it looks. *ALSO this week, they’re doing a special donation so anything you buy, 50% of it is donated to help victims of Hurricane Harvey!
- This month I got to celebrate my boy’s 25th birthday and it was the best thing. I wrote up a little post about it, if you missed it HERE.
- EiO and the Hive! Their interior decor I loved (as seen in this cover photo…I am obsessed) but not really their food/coffee…..I’ve definitely had better vegan food elsewhere around Nashville.
- Lauv– I Like Me Better. The cutest and nicest Youtube music video out there in my opinion. Gabriel Conte used it in his New York video and woooow I really haven’t listened to anything else this month.
- The freaking solar eclipse that happened last week. My boyfriend had been telling me for months how cool it was going to be but I, per usual, didn’t understand just how cool it actually was going to be until the day of and now, we’ve pretty much made our plans for the next one that’s coming to America (in 7 years) because I can’t get over how awesome it was 😛 .
- Homemade Coconut Milk. I again wrote up a post on how to make your own. It’s much cheaper and more delicious, in my opinion, than the store-bought stuff…and not to mention how easy it is to make! Definitely worth the switch if you ask me!
- Embroidered Tees. I may be a little late to the game on this trend but seriously, I think these are so cute. Like this one? I am ALL about it. You can’t beat the punny + cute combo; and tees like these are the best transition pieces…so as we enter into fall time, it’s the perfect, easy staple item to get a hold of!
Alright friends, thanks for reading along!
And with that, we may all now pull out our big comfy sweaters and go order our first pumpkin spice latte of the season…..because with the conclusion of this post, and this month, summer has (pretty much) officially left us.
*insert tears amidst simultaneous shouts of glee*
…I’m conflicted, okay?!
Happy Wednesday sweet friends and I’ll see you again in September (!!)