Welcome back to my little corner of the Internet!
I hope you are doing very well on this fine Tuesday morning (or whenever you read this post) and are gearing up to finish out this mid-October week strong. (Only 3 more days to go!)
For any of you that know me, you know that I am a sucker for just about anything and everything that is Fall-related…so #basic of me, I know. There is however, one thing about this time of year that I cannot stand.
If you know me at all, that shouldn’t come as a shock to you in the slightest. I don’t watch scary movies, I don’t do haunted houses (or haunted anything really). I’m just an easily spooked human, so the idea of intentionally putting myself into a situation to be scared more than I am 99% of the time, is absolutely not worth it for me.
Seeing that that is the case for me, I figured there may be a few of you out there who are like me and either just aren’t feeling doing much festively for Halloween this year or just don’t like the holiday at all. And if that is the case, this post is for you!
Here is my list of 8 things to do this year if you’re just not the Halloween-celebrating type:
- Still get dressed up, with your friends, or your boyfriend, or even just on your own, and get yourself a $3 burrito from Chipotle. Bonus! My boyfriend and I did this last year and we literally got to just hang out in our costumes, with Mexican food, surrounded by little kids who were all dressed up, too. I’ve seriously never loved an evening more.
- Paint/carve some pumpkins! This is a semi-festive activity that allows you to have a little bit of fun & keeps you busy & away from all the scary things that will undoubtedly be out and about on Halloween night. Again, my boyfriend and I did this last year, not on Halloween, but we had a ton of fun and as you can see in this posts’ cover image, the pumpkins turned out so cute!
- Do Christmas things! Why not just get that festive party started a few months early?!
- Bake something yummy. Perhaps something like this festive treat from Better Homes and Gardens! How cute are they?!
- Host a non-scary movie marathon. Everyone brings their drink/snack of choice (or make some #4 treats!) and settle in for a night of snuggles and hours of entertainment.
- Invite a few friends over and have a bonfire. Raid your local grocer for some s’mores supplies and enjoy a cozy night bundled up in front of the fire with some great company.
- Go out to dinner/grab drinks with a few of your other Halloween-avoiding friends. Most people will be at home or at a party, so this is SUCH a great time to get out and spend some quality time with your people, without waiting hours to get a seat at your favorite local spot.
- Make it a crafting night! This is probably what my night will end up looking like this year….I’ve been looking to make something like this for my room; and I think Halloween evening would be the perfect time to put all those creative works in action, finally!
Alright sweet friends, that’s all for now.
Do you have any fun ideas you think should be added to this list?
What are your plans for Halloween this year?!
Let me know in the comments below!
One thought on “8 Things To Do This Halloween If You Hate Halloween”