I hope you’re having a great start to your final work week before Christmas!!!!! It’s the best time of year, truly. I’m honestly just so excited all the time when we make it to this point in the year haha.
If you all recall, I mentioned in my previous post about a fun tradition my family and I do each year for Christmas morning, and that is to make homemade dairy & nut free cinnamon rolls…UH YUM.
And as promised on that post, I wanted to share that recipe with y’all now; before Christmas, so if you and your family so choose, you can make this a new tradition for your holiday celebration, too!
Let’s get to all that goodness, why don’t we?!
Dairy & Nut-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- 4-4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package active, dry yeast
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 + 3 TBSP cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Coconut milk
- In a mixer bowl combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour and 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Heat 1 c. coconut milk, 1/3 c. sugar, 1/3 c. coconut oil, and 1 tsp. salt, just until warm, stirring constantly. Add directly to flour mixture.
- Add eggs. Beat at low speed of electric mixer or 30 seconds. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- Add in as much of 2-2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour as you can mix in with a spoon.
- On a floured surface knead in enough flour in to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (between 6-8 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball and add into a bowl greased with olive oil; turn once to grease both sides.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise (takes about an hour to double).
- Punch down on bread and divide in half.
- Cover once again and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide bread in half. Roll one half of dough into a 12×8 inch rectangle.
- Melt 3 TBSP. coconut oil; spread over half of dough.
- Combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon; sprinkle over same half of dough.
- Roll dough up jelly roll style and seal. Slice dough into 12 pieces.
- Place in a greased 9×1 1/2 in. round baking pan & cover again with kitchen towel. Let rise for another 30 minutes, until nearly double.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool slightly, remove from pans & drizzle with icing (see below).
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough milk for drizzling consistency into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Top warm cinnamon rolls with icing. YUM!
*Recipe taken from Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook (and adjusted to be dairy-free by me) 🙂
**Cover image is not mine. It was found on/belongs to Pinterest.