*Cue the post-Christmas blues*
I always get so sad when the holiday season is over…I know ~technically~ we still have New Years to celebrate but still, everything goes back to being boring after this is all over and that makes me sad! haha.
Christmas is just the happiest time and this year was no exception. My little sister and I sat and chatted after all of the evening festivities about how this year was probably the most fun we’ve had on a Christmas Day in a long time.
Apart from celebrating Jesus, which is the obvious most important thing (!), the opportunity to spend quality time with the family and love on them for as long as we’re all together, just makes this time of year extra, extra special.
This year we started our Christmas morning at 8 by making up some cinnamon rolls, little scrambled egg cups, and gigantic cups of coffee; we have found that by doing this all before the unboxing begins, we are able to more fully enjoy the whole process without rumbling tummies or sleepy eyes.
We opened all of our presents one at a time until everything was opened up. I got a bunch of things for my future home, a few outerwear pieces, some jewelry, and a few other odds and ends, all of which I love!
We then spent the afternoon playing games, including Speak Out, which is actually the funniest and most fun game I think I have maybe ever played. Within the first 30 seconds, I was crying from laughter. If you need a new game to try out, please invest in this one. It’s the best.
We then ate some turkey dinner, talked about our favorite Christmases past and traditions we’d like to do with our families in the future.
It was the absolute best day of relaxation and hanging with my family. We very rarely get an entire 24 hours to be together at all anymore, so getting that opportunity this past weekend was seriously the sweetest thing of my whole life.
I love Christmastime!
And now onto New Years!
I usually make up a list of about 10-20 resolutions every year of things I would like to change/work on…(check out my resolution list from last year here!) but I realize that that is a lot of pointless info for anyone but me and I don’t want to bore you with that many again…
So instead, here are 5 of my top New Years Resolutions for 2018!
- Travel more. Even if that means to the next county over. We’re only in certain places of our lives for so long, why would I want to leave any place unexplored?!
- Show up. Not feeling 100%? Doesn’t matter. The important thing is to be there…within reason of course. If I’m throwing up or can’t keep my eyes open another second, it’s okay to cancel plans but unless something drastic is happening, I want to make sure to show up and be present with the people around me.
- Get a new job! It’s going to happen….could be at my current company or a new one, it’s all kinda up in the air right now but I am excited to see what this year brings in the job department because regardless, it will be something new 🙂
- Learn how to use my new camera. I just bought my first DSLR camera and am still a little scared to break it out and use it. BUT! I know the more I do it, the more comfortable with it I’m going to get and the more I’m going to enjoy using it, so definitely wanting to start using it more, if just for understandings-sake! My boyfriend bought me an online photography class that I can start taking soon and I’m really excited to get that going and actually learn a bit more about how it all works!
- Find a good workout regimen…that I actually want to stick with. Both of my sisters have been working out with OrangeTheory for a good chunk of this last year and as much as I liked that class…I actually am thinking of joining this year.
Now it’s your turn!
How was your Christmas?
AND/OR what are your resolutions for the new year?
Let me know in the comments below!