Welcome back to real life, I hope you all had a lovely long weekend!
I wanted to jump on here today and chat with you all about a brand that I just discovered (and LOVE!), FirstAid Beauty! If you follow me on Instagram, I asked you guys about a month ago if you’d like to see a product review on everything I ordered from them and 99% of you were like HECK YA….so here we go!
Some of you may know that one of my goals for the year was to try to really solidify a good skincare regimen for myself…because I usually just use some coconut oil and a cleanser that leaves my face feeling uber dry and scaly. And that isn’t what I want–especially for my face!
I had heard of this company once or twice before but honestly didn’t even bat an eye until last month when I was like…I NEED SOMETHING ELSE ON THIS SKIN OF MINE….and after reading about it a little (and learning about the ingredients/how helpful it is for people with sensitive skin AND all the positive reviews), I ordered about $75 worth of products that were highly rated and over the last month or so I’ve been trying them out!
What I bought:
Face Cleanser (I actually still have yet to use this stuff because I was waiting to start using it until I finished my other cleanser haha….so once I actually use it, I’ll update this!)
Products Purchased that I LOVE
- Ginger and Turmeric Jelly Mask! I was SO intrigued to try this because I’ve done a few turmeric masks in the past and have loved the way they made my skin look and feel…and this one did not disappoint AT ALL. It helped with any puffiness I had in my face (I never realize there’s any there until I do one of these masks) and instead of drying my face at all; this mask actually made my skin feel SO much softer and smoother and more hydrated than any mask I think I’ve ever done.
- Coconut Water Cream. Y’all I will 110% be ordering this again…this time in the largest container that I can! I have been putting this on most nights after I do the turmeric mask (and have just started doing it every single night) and my skin LOVES it. It just makes it so soft and feel so hydrated when I wake up in the morning. Love it.
- Red Clay Mask Sample. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well this mask did at not drying out my face!!! I’ve obviously been using the wrong products all my life because seriously, I love that I actually have sorta soft skin now, all the time!
- Ultra Repair Cream. I actually used this all over my legs/arms, instead of on my face….and it truly makes you soft everywhere….the dream!!
Products Purchased that I DON’T LOVE QUITE AS MUCH
- Coconut Water Priming Moisturizer. I’m actually SO sad that I didn’t really like this. My skin felt so good after using it (so one major bonus!) however, it peeled a little bit…or peeled my skin(?) up around my temples, not quite sure still what exactly happened honestly haha but I was really turned off by it. So, I probably will not be purchasing this again.
- Caffeine Matcha Wake Up Wipes. Guys. I do this all the time. I love the idea of makeup wipes but I am the worst at using them and I’m not quite sure why. They just aren’t a practical purchase for me I’m learning…so I won’t be buying these again either. (However, if you don’t wear a lot of makeup…keep these in your gym bag, they are great for a refresh on your face after a workout!–That’s been the ONLY time I’ve used these.)
Overall, I’m pretty pleased with FirstAid Beauty products. I am downright obsessed with the Coconut Water Cream and the Ginger and Turmeric Mask. I use the Coconut Water Cream every night and every morning before I put on my makeup and it just hydrates my skin so my makeup goes on smooth and happy. I use the Ginger/Turmeric Mask every other night after I shower. I’m not sure my skin has ever been softer…granted, I’ve never really moisturized really consistently, though, so I’m not sure how much weight that holds haha. I’m still very impressed with pretty much everything that I ordered and am SO excited to try the next round of things the next time I order from them (which you know I will be soon!!)
(Also–FirstAid Beauty have a skincare regimen finder quiz you can take on their site to try to figure out the best products to use on your specific type of skin/what issues you experience…which is like the coolest thing ever if you ask me! So, if you need some help getting started check out the quiz here and start your journey to more lovely skin today!)