I’m a little bit late this time around on getting this post up on the blog but….who is (finally!) ready for my February favorites?! I know I am. WOHOO!
Today we’re chatting through a few of my favorite foods, clothing items, beauty products, and a few fun randoms I’ve been loving from this past month!
Let’s get to it, shall we?!
- THESE PANTS. I bought them in 2 different colors and I am OBSESSED. Also anytime I wear them to work, I get complimented on them….so um…..get yo’ self some!
- Castor Oil! I had heard for many years about the awesome benefits of using castor oil, especially on your hair/eyelashes. I’ve been using this one most days before I go to bed for the last month and I can actually see a difference in not only my lash length, but also their strength (aka I don’t lose nearly as many during the day as I used to.) Definitely going to keep this up in the months to come!
- Amy’s Roasted Vegetable–No Cheese Pizza. UM. YUM. This doesn’t really satisfy a pizza craving, like most people probably have…but I haven’t been able to eat pizza with any cheese on it in years anyway so this was just a new spin on the pizza I do eat but with a few added ingredients that I usually don’t have on my pizzas, like artichokes and red peppers…but I’ll be honest, it was a pretty good (and SO easy!) dinner; that I’m tempted to buy it and anytime I don’t feel like making dinner, just break this bad boy open!
- FirstAid Beauty Coconut Water Cream. Been using this stuff for the whole month and the skin on my face has never felt happier. I don’t really have many breakouts anymore…which is the coolest thing ever because I’ve never found a product that not only hydrates my skin but also prevents breakouts in the process. MAJOR WIN with this stuff!
- DIY Valentines. This is kind of a random favorite…but I made the first Valentine I’ve crafted in YEARS and gave it to my boyfriend this V-Day. Y’all, I seriously had so much fun going through and Pinteresting ideas on different homemade Valentine’s. I forgot how much more fun it is to do that than to just go and buy chocolates/candies/flowers for people. Just something to consider for next year, maybe, if you’re the crafty type!
- Oil of Oregano. Y’all know this flu that’s been going around is NASTY. Every year that the sicknesses make their way into everyone’s live, I run straight to this stuff. Knock on wood…but I haven’t gotten the flu, nor a stomach bug in quite some time and I truly think I owe a good chunk of that victory to this stuff.
- Shine A Light on Slavery Day! Some of you that follow my personal Instagram may have seen this post already but I’ve spent a few years recently working in various ways with End Slavery TN, who are working to end slavery in TN (DUH!) and beyond. Feb. 22 this year was the day where you write a red X on your hand to raise awareness for trafficking victims locally and globally. Many choose also to go to social media with this awareness and use the hashtag #inittoendit . If you’re interested in this cause at all, check out this link here or here…or you can check out that hashtag or the IJM/EndSlaveryTN pages on social media…it really is SUCH a good cause to get behind and a new way we can begin fighting against the porn/trafficking industries.
- This green sweater from Loft….not to mention LOOK AT THAT SALE (extra 40% off the sale price? Don’t mind if I do!) I kinda want this in every color…is that too excessive, you think?? I just love the fit of it and it’s just so cozy and soft…and again, that price!! (you can see the sleeve of this sweater in the photo above!)
- Another random favorite but…hummus! Haha. I have just recently started the Daniel Fast and so as a result, I don’t eat any meat….SO for someone who can’t do nuts nor soy nor dairy and now, no meat; getting protein can be pretty tough…which is why legumes are like my bff right now haha. And I can’t help but gravitate toward chickpeas because I love them roasted, I love them just out of a can, and I especially love them ground up into a delicious garlicky hummus 😋 Been loving the heck out of this one recently!
- This Truth. This is currently my phone background and it seriously makes me so happy every time I look at it. It basically describes exactly how I want to live my life (and to recognize the sunshine in others as well!)*insert sun emoji*
What have you been loving this month?
Let me know in the comments below (or tag me in your monthly favorites blog post so I can check it out! <3)