Today is my 24th birthday and so I thought it’d be fun to do a similar b-day post to the one I did last year (which you can see here if you missed it or are newer around here)!
This year I thought I’d share 24 things that you may not know about me–unless I know you personally–but hey, even some of you that do know me personally may learn a thing or two. SO LET’S GET TO IT!
- Sunflowers make my world go ’round. Literally, I think they are the prettiest things that God created.
- My favorite way to commune with people is by having/attending a picnic. My boyfriend and I talked about this the other day…I would love even to have a picnic reception at my wedding. I just love them!
- My Starbucks order is a tall lightly sweetened chai tea latte with coconut milk! But I’d much rather make myself some chai (or coffee!) at home, if I’m being honest.
- My absolute favorite color is green! So the fact that my birthday has (and always will be) on St. Patrick’s Day, is the actual best! I’ve always thought that was the tiniest but kindest reminder of the kinds of detail God is involved in, in each of our lives. 💕
- Speaking on #3 a little more, I would MUCH rather eat my meals at home (even if it’s just cereal and baked beans–which is a real meal I fed my sister and I one time) than eat out. I really don’t enjoy eating out much.
- However, if I am going to eat out, my top choices are Chipotle and Blaze Pizza–both places you can pick and choose everything you want on your dish! Which is like a food allergy sufferer’s dream.
- I am downright obsessed with my dog. I don’t post about her much on social media….but like, obsessed.
- I actually really love the taste of water. I know some people will argue that water doesn’t really have a taste. But 1. It does. and 2. It’s delicious. 🙂
- The places I’m most excited to go in life are probably either Banff, Canada or London, England. I’ve never been to either but would really love to go at some point!
- I have a strange irrational fear of falling to my death in an elevator. Haha. No clue in the slightest where that fear came from but I literally think about it every single time I’m in an elevator.
- I would be totally content never moving away from Nashville…I honestly love this area of the country but if I ever do move, I would love to spend some time living in Colorado or Hawaii!
- I am currently obsessed with yellow fashion pieces. I’m not totally sure why hahah but I just think yellow is SUCH a good color and one that basically everyone can wear, regardless of your hair color/skin tone.
- I eat at least 1/2 of an avocado every single day. I can’t get enough.
- If I had to describe myself in one word I would say…smiley 🙂
- My boyfriend and I met because I sent him a random friend request on Facebook one night, the following day he messaged me asking if we knew each other. I played it off like, “oh yeah I’m sure we’ve met at some school function somewhere….or something….” LOL. And he accepted that as a reasonable answer (why? I still couldn’t tell ya) and then we went for coffee like 3 days later and actually met haha.
- I studied Journalism back in my first couple years of college, hoping to one day become a Music Journalist. Turns out I hate writing structurally like they make you do in Journalism. 🤦🏼♀️
- I have my Bachelors Degree from Belmont University in Psychology and a minor in Religion and the Arts.
- This changes all the time but at the moment my 3 most used emojis are the blushing happy face, the dancing man, and the sunflower emoji (told you I love them!)
- I was born in a little town called Big Sandy, TX. It’s only claim to fame (and probably the only reason people know it exists) is that the former Bears head coach, Lovie Smith is also from there!
- My current favorite bloggers are Amber from Barefoot Blonde, Chloe from by Chloe Wen, and Olivia from LivvyLand. They’re all very different but seriously LOVE their content and their own individual styles.
- My favorite book of the Bible at the moment (I have yet to finish reading it all…so take that into account here) is probably Proverbs. Talk about some good one-liners!
- I’m quite an emotional person. I don’t think that’s been the case all my life but I definitely feel like that is what road I’m traveling right now. I tear up watching commercials these days or hearing a happy story. I have a good cry easily 3x a week over one thing or another.
- One time I ran into Gavin Degraw at a coffeeshop in Nashville and I ended up chatting with him for about 15 minutes just about what he was up to in life at the moment and he shared a new song of his that had just come out of production in Europe, I’m still waiting to hear it on his next album haha. He was such a kind fella and was totally content just shooting the breeze with some rando girl who came up to him at a coffeeshop…which I think says a lot about who he is as a human and I love that.
- And finally, I sneeze at least 2 times every single time I go out into the sun. Soooo might be a little bit allergic to the sun?? Not sure but have legitimately done this since about day 2 of my life (aka the first time I went outside, ever).
Bless all you sweet humans, have a beautiful Saturday (and St. Patrick’s Day)!