I hope you had a lovely weekend and St. Patrick’s Day!
To be completely honest, my birthday weekend was pretty low-key. I think some of you may know this but many of you don’t, since the beginning of the month Curtis and I have been doing a partial fast…which basically means, we still eat some foods but the list of what we can eat is pretty restrictive. We did this mainly to try to hone-in on our ability to hear God when He speaks and I was also interested to see how my body would do sticking to a more vegan diet. We did the Daniel Fast and if you’d like more info on what exactly that is, you can check out that here! Because of this, I couldn’t exactly do any fun foods for my birthday (lame, I know–but I was the one that signed on for this haha so I did kind of do it to myself).
However, I made this very delicious recipe a few times throughout the last couple of weeks and will probably make myself another batch tonight to continue the birthday celebration, just a few days later. I had to make a few adjustments to this recipe because I can’t eat nuts (except pecans) So! check out the modified recipe below to see how I made my own Lara bars. They’re super delicious you guys, please make them. Curtis doesn’t even like dates and he loved these…..so just promise me you’ll make them and then try them. PRETTY PLEASE. You won’t be mad that I’m pressuring you a tiny bit, once you actually try them.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 3/4 cup Pecans
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. Unrefined Salt
- Additional Sunflower Seeds and Unsweetened Coconut for toppings!
What You’ll Do:
- Combine dates, pecans, sunflower seeds, vanilla, and salt in a food processor until the dough sticks together.
- Form dough into a square atop some wax paper, add whatever toppings you wish (as mentioned above, I chose more sunflower seeds and some unsweetened coconut!). Dough should be about 1/2 in. thick.
- Cut into 6 squares, forming a 3×3 grid.
- Enjoy! (But try not to eat them all at once!)
They are as yummy as they look. I promise.