Now that I’m back on the blogging game, I want to share a few things that I absolutely loved while I was off on my little month-long hiatus…because you all know full well I can’t go a whole month without trying at least a few new things! So, here’s a little list of what I tried out and have been loving while I was away:
- ThredUP! This is basically the site of everyone’s dreams! Gently-worn (or never worn) clothing pieces, many brand name, that you can buy for super cheap. I made my first order on here this past month and I got SO many fun new pieces…if you’d like to see a post on how I’ve been styling these thrifty pieces I got, let me know in the comments below because I think that would be so fun to share a little thrifting style guide!
- The Enneagram! Literally you guys, I think the Enneagram is the coolest tool when it comes to working toward self-awareness. I talked in my last post about the book The Road Back To You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile, if you are even slightly interested in this Enneagram stuff or you just like personality tests and want to understand yourself or the humans around you a little more, read the book. Please.
- The Love, Sex and Dating Podcasts by Jeremy Foster. He’s the funniest human but also such a relevant speaker that doesn’t shy away from talking about the tough stuff, especially the relationship stuff that you seem to never hear about in the church. I love that.
- Oat Milk! This is a random favorite from this month but! It is a delicious one!! I have started drinking 4 oz. of coffee daily again (so much for cutting it out completely after we did the Daniel fast! Haha) but I have started adding oat milk to my coffee instead of coconut milk and 1. It’s a new milk I can drink which is amazing in and of itself but 2. I have found I no longer need to add sweetener to my coffee, which is even more amazing! The oat milk has a naturally sweeter taste, so I can just add a little of that to my coffee and head right out the door each morning!
- This cute little pug plant-holder. This may release the onslaught of anger upon me…but I really don’t love pugs haha. I actually think they’re very ugly…I’M SO SORRY TO OFFEND. But despite that, truly, this is the cutest plant holder I’ve ever seen. He’s just so happy to be holding your plants!
- Easter pictures! I was actually really bummed that the first day of my social media fast was Easter because look how cute these almost-family photos we took with our little baby (Sadie)! Haha. I think they’re so cute! You can’t really tell this from these pictures but I bought him a tie that matches this dress I’m wearing and so we matched all day, which as simple as that is, made this an even happier occasion!
- DuoLingo app! Free way to learn a new language? Don’t mind if I do! I know ein bisschen (a little) German from the few years in high school/college that I took it, but this is an opportunity to work on it every single day and it’s conveniently on my phone, so I can pick it up to work on whenever I want to throughout the day!
- Taking this time away. I did struggle a bit with just being away from everything because I’m obviously addicted to social media haha but I did really enjoy just not spending ALL my time on my phone and actually getting out and doing some other things with my life! I already can tell I’m back on my phone more…and it’s only been 5 days! I kinda hate that.
What have you been loving this April (obviously other than the fact that it’s over and I’m officially back on social media 😉 )? Let me know in the comments below so I can check them out and give some of them a try this next month!