(aka the best coffee drink out there!)
I hope you’re having a delightful weekend so far and just squeezing the last few drops of goodness out of your summer – my whole summer, as some of you understand and others of you can imagine, has been chock-full of wedding planning – something, maybe I’ll detail a little later, that hasn’t been my favorite thing to do in the whole world haha…but we’re making it!
However, today’s post is something that is actually pretty high up there on my list of “favorite things in the world”…an iced oat milk latte! It is my preferred coffee drink and a great option not only for vegans/people (like me) who can’t do lactose or other alternative milks but also for anyone who just likes happiness in a cup! Oatly has mastered the creaminess that most other alternative milks miss out on – the oats also add a naturally-occurring subtly sweet flavor – it’s the best dairy-free alternative to cream that I have found so far.
This drink is also SO easy, even if you aren’t a coffee aficionado (also like me) you can absolutely make this for yourself! Truly, this is a drink I would recommend to all my friends – and you all…but of course you are my friends!
I think it’s about time I enlighten you on how to make this goodness for yourself, ya think?
- Oatly Oat Milk*
- A Double Shot of Espresso
- 1/2 Cup of Ice
*(I prefer the “Original.” I have tried the “Low Fat” and that one is fine, just not as creamy as I like it. The “Barista” version is also very good but hard to get your hands on, so I just stick with the “Original” for at-home making purposes. You can also use Califia Farms’ Oat Milk – definitely a top contender as well).
- Pull your double shot (HACK: or if you’re like me and don’t have an espresso machine, go to the coffee shop down the road and have them do it for you! A very inexpensive way to get a latte for the price of a double shot!)
- Add your Oat Milk into your 12 oz mason jar (I typically fill it up a little over half way)
- Add your double shot directly into the mason jar of Oat Milk
- Add Ice
- Stir it all together and enjoy!!
Looking to change it up a little? Try these fun ideas:
- Add Oatly’s Chocolate Oat Milk instead of the Original! It’s like an iced mocha and it’s AMAZING – it’s a little too sweet for me…but I also don’t do my coffee really sweet. Every now and then, though, when I am wanting something a little sweeter/more chocolate-y, I totally crave one of these!
- Curtis also loves to add honey to his lattes so again, if you’re looking for something a little sweeter but not really into the whole chocolate thing, add one tsp of honey for a really yummy addition.
- Add a little honey, lavender syrup, and some dried lavender (that you can eat) into the mix for a delicious & unique springtime treat. (An alternative idea – maybe add the lavender flowers in with your water to make lavender ice. How beautiful would that be?!)
Alright pals, that’s it for today. I need to stop before I start drooling over all these drink ideas! I hope you have a lovely remainder to your summer (because if we’re being honest, I probably won’t write again until the fall time – I seem to be on a seasonal schedule these days haha) and enjoy a few iced oat milk lattes in the meantime. I know I will be! ….I may or may not be drinking one right now…..you will never know (jk I totally am. I’ve literally had one every day this week. It might be a problem…but also I am not in a place for an intervention so don’t even try HA).