How the actual heck has it been 6 months since my last post? And how the heck is it October?? I truly don’t know how that’s possible. What a wild year. Perhaps one of these days I’ll give a proper update on what I’ve been up to for the last like year of my life (LOL. Like quarantining / moving / celebrating a whole year of marriage!) but that’s a conversation for a different day.
Today I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite (and one of the easiest) recipes we have had on repeat in our house during the last year-ish. This is a perfectly light and delicious meal that we seriously eat every other week.
If you read + listen to anything I say on this blog, please hear that…
- Jesus loves you because He does. 🙂 AND
- YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS MEAL. I won’t beg you to…but please just do it.
Asian Chicken Slaw
- 1 small head, Green Cabbage
- 1 c Water
- 1/2 – 3/4 package, Chicken Breast
- About 3/4 bottle, Gyoza Dipping Sauce (we buy this one from Trader Joes)
- Rinse and chop head of cabbage. Add to a large serving bowl.
- Place chicken into Instant Pot with water and pressure cook for 15 minutes. You can also bake the chicken in the oven, the Instant Pot is just a little quicker for weeknight meals. 🙂
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove from Instant Pot and use 2 forks to shred the chicken. We tend to eyeball how much chicken we add – but it’s usually around 1/2 of a package.
- Add shredded chicken into serving bowl with the cabbage.
- Toss cabbage and chicken mixture with Gyoza Sauce.
- Top with fresh cilantro and sriracha and enjoy!
*Optional – we also like to shred rainbow carrots and add them to our slaw for additional nutrients and color. The easiest way I’ve found to shred carrots is to use a cheese grater.
There you have it sweet friends! The easiest and most delicious weeknight meal that you need to add to your “to try” list ASAP.